Saturday, December 19, 2009

Julie and Julia

Last week I watched Julie and Julia three times in two days. I loved it. Meryl Streep was brilliant. Julia Child must have been one amazing lady. After I watched it I went to the library and checked out "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" (see Sarah, this is the kind of stuff you get at the library). I glanced through it but I hope to try at least one recipe before returning it (probably late).

The movie inspired me to do many things:
1. Buy colored lights... accomplished (on sale at Target). My plan is to put them up in our house for birthdays.
2. Stop being so dramatic... Julie drove me a little nuts. I'm still working on this one.
3. Go to Paris.
4. Make something from the cookbook.
5. Buy "A Bushel and A Peck" by Doris Day.
6. Have more dinner parties like this...

6 comments:

Mom said...

Would I be able to get a dinner party invite? :)

Mom said...

don't you remember when you put up colored christmas lights around your bed one christmas? you ARE julia!

Traci Healey said...

yes mom you can come to dinner. but i don't remember the cmas lights. you have to see the movie! even dad will like it i think. rick liked it and kimm told me that dave liked it too. :)

Michelle said...

i greatly heart everything about this post. you and i will have that party together with my julia child cookbook and your colored lights.

Reenie said...

I think Mick just got me that movie. I will watch it. I like your drama it makes me laugh. If you invite me to a dinner party I will clap a lot like the people in the picture. Remember that blog we read about the lady that had her kids do feast days around Christmas? You can use the colored lights for your feast days.

meg said...

ohmygosh (as mom would say)...i just finished watching it and LOVED it! i remember the lights mom :) you've inspired me to do my own julie & julia post.