Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Traditions: Movie

Another post! I'm a blogging maniac nowadays. Hopefully this week I will post about the Christmas traditions that Rick and I are (hopefully) starting as a family. I had many grand plans for an advent calendar, but as Rick said the other day, it was too "ambitious." So instead, we are doing a little at a time. I am glad that we still have a year or two until Lucy understands what's going on (in life in general). It gives me time to get my act together.

Anyways. I love watching movies that center around Christmas. Or at least have a scene that makes a big deal about Christmas. I'm not hard to please. Some of my favorites are:

White Christmas
It's A Wonderful Life
Elf!
The Holiday (I watch it for Jack Black)
Little Women
Sleepless in Seattle
Home Alone (a good one to watch with Rick)
Home Alone 2

How about you? Anything you would add to the list?
And just to make you smile:

4 comments:

Reenie said...

One movie that has a lot of discussion is 'While you were Sleeping' (is that really a Christmas movie), We watched Home Alone last night, the guys booed White Christmas. I like Holiday Inn and Mick watched Miracle on 34th street on Thanksgiving as a kick-off. We also have to watch the original Scrooge. It is a good version and the only one Mick will watch.

Sarah Smith said...

we love Home Alone too!!!! so good.

another favorite is Muppet Christmas Carol. you really cannot top Gonzo with his trusty sidekick Rizzo the Rat. Oh and i forgot the Ghost of Christmas Past who looks eerily like Egg Drop Soup (you think i'm kidding....check it out!) :)

Traci Healey said...

good additions reen. i've always thought "while you were sleeping" was a cmas movie. and i love "holiday inn." i saw another movie on itunes i might rent. it's called christmas in connecticut.

sarah sharp smith, i heart you.

Reenie said...

Christmas in Ct is a good one. I think I have it. My dad and I always use to mock it a little bit. That was fun.